SCROLL DOWN

자유게시판

Brighton 1-1 Forest - Premier League: Live score and updates

페이지 정보

작성자 Winfred 작성일 24-09-26 23:50 조회 4 댓글 0

본문

14:18, 56'

BIG BLOCK! Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Murillo to the rescue for Nottingham Forest again.

This time he makes a block from the shot of Danny Welbeck as he continues to hunt for his second.

The defender can't keep digging his side out of trouble, surely?

14:16, 55'

Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Brighton are really enjoying themselves out there.

You can see the confidence oozing in their play as the flicks and tricks are coming out now.

The fans are loving it.

14:14, 53'

Nottingham Forest are clinging on for dear life!

Now they rely on Murillo to hook clear just yards from goal after some brilliance on the left by Kaoru Mitoma.

A goal is coming, I can feel it.

14:12, 50'

SO CLOSE! Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

So nearly a sensational solo goal from Danny Welbeck!

The goalscorer is like the penguin off Happy Feet as he dances around three or four Nottingham Forest defenders in the box.

He then finds space and looks set to grab his second of the match as he prods toward goal, but Matz Sels gets low to deny him.

It should be 3-1.

14:11, 49'

Brighton have started this half as they finished the last - on top.

Nottingham Forest are sitting in and letting the hosts come at them, and Brighton are obliging.

They will have to watch out for the counter, though.

14:08, 46'

YELLOW CARD: Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest (Williams)

Not the best of starts from Neco Williams.

His first touch is a deliberate handball and he goes into the book inside his first 60 seconds on the pitch.

The full-back will have to be careful now.

14:06, 46'

SECOND HALF: Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

Henry, it appears you are right!

Nuno Espirito Santo is holding no punches this afternoon, he is bringing on Ryan Yates, Jota Silva, and Neco Williams.

Alex Moreno, Anthony Elanga, and James Ward-Prowse are the unfortunate trio to make way.

How will they fare?

We are about to find out as we are back underway at the Amex.

14:03

'Triple change incoming for Forest'

Henry Clark, Mail Sport, at the Amex Stadium:

Looks like a triple change incoming for the visitors. Jota, Williams and Yates all ready to enter the fray. I don't think Nuno Espirito Santo will be able to quite believe how his side capitulated in those final moments before the break.

14:01

Up, up, and away

Danny Welbeck is literally flying...

This picture encapsulates how his season is going so far, doesn't it?

he only scored five Premier League goals last season, and he already has three in just five games this time around.

Fabian Hurzeler is getting a fine tune out of the veteran.

13:57

WATCH: Welbeck turns it around

Haven't seen Danny Welbeck's strike? Well, here you go.

Based on this finish, you'd expect he'd have done it countless times in the Premier League.

But if you have read the last post, you'd now know that's not true.

You don't get much better than that, a superb set piece with power, whip, and pace.

13:55

A first for Welbeck

Danny Welbeck is on fire at the moment.

That was his third goal of the season and his 70th in Premier League football.

But you will never believe this, it was his first from a direct free-kick in all his years in the top flight.

To make it even crazier, he had only taken three direct free-kicks prior to that strike.

13:50

HALF-TIME: Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest

What an end to the first half that was, eh?

Nottingham Forest looked like they were about to head into the break a goal to the good thanks to a penalty from the boot of Chris Wood.

But out of nowhere, two goals in three minutes form Brighton turned the tide just before the break.

We are being served a cracker on the south coast.

13:50, 48'

I mean, I still can't believe the last five minutes we have been treated to.

I did not see that turnaround coming in the slightest, but a quick one-two and now Brighton are flying.

Nottingham Forest suddenly can't cope with the pace of their build-up play.

You just have to love the unpredictability of this sport.

13:48

FOUR added minutes

Amidst the madness of that comeback, it was confirmed there will be four minutes of stoppage time.

After that goal, though, I feel there may be some more.

13:45, 45'

Goal:Brighton 2-1 Nottingham Forest (Welbeck 45')

WHAT A TURNAROUND FROM BRIGHTON!

Danny Welbeck fires the Seagulls in front with a sensational free-kick as we enter stoppage time in the first-half.

Ola Aina gave the set piece away and was booked for it, but I'm not sure anybody saw that coming from Welbeck.

Matz Sels was rooted to the spot...

13:45, 44'

Brighton 1-1 Nottingham Forest

That's the first goal Nottingham Forest have conceded on their travels this season and I must say, it's a brilliant one.

It looked like it may take a moment like that to change this game, and it came just before the break. Fantastic timing.

13:42, 42'

Goal:Brighton 1-1 Nottingham Forest (Hinshelwood 42')

Out of nowhere, Brighton are level!

The hosts weren't looking likely but they have Josh Hinshelwood to thank as they are back on terms.

Jan Paul van Hecke swings in a superb cross but Hinshelwood still has a lot to do.

The midfielder leaps like a salmon and guides a brilliant header into the far corner.

A well-worked equaliser.

13:41

'Brighton off the pace'

I said earlier that Estupinan would have a busy afternoon and that's exactly how it has played out. He hasn't played a lot of football in the last year or so due to injury and is looking a bit off the pace here. In fairness, you could say that about a lot of Brighton's players at the moment.

13:40, 39'

YELLOW CARD: Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest (Welbeck)

This game is getting feisty, and the fans are the main reason for it.

James Ward-Prowse takes out Georginio Rutter and the foul is given, but Brighton wanted the advantage as they were through.

It causes Danny Welbeck to protest with the backing of the fans in the stands, and he then gets booked.

Tasty...

13:39, 38'

Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest

Georgino Rutetr is trying to make things happen but it's not quite going his way at the moment.

After a lovely bit of interplay, he sets his sights on goal but drags a low strike wide by some way.

13:38, 36'

As Peter Kay says 'Have it!'.

I'm hoping that is the phrase that was running through Nikola Milenkovic's head as he hoofs the ball out of danger.

That's what I thought, anyway.

13:35

'Frustration building at the Amex'

Frustration building in the stands at the Amex. Forest are really winding up the home faithful with the length of time they are taking to restart play. '30 seconds every single time,' one gentleman near the press box bellows.

13:34, 33'

Ooooh, handbags...

Ferdi Kadioglu is not even on the pitch but wants a bit of screen time I think.

As Alex Moreno comes over to take a throw-in Kadioglu gives the full-back a little shove before they get into it.

It doesn't last long, though. They are friends again now.

13:31, 30'

That's a bit better from the hosts.

They win a corner which brings positive noise from the home crowd for the first time in a while.

The set-piece is planted on the head of Georginio Rutter but the forward can't keep his header down.

13:29, 27'

Nottingham Forest are so confident going forward, their football really is flowing today.

They pass around Brighton which brings 'ole's' from the away end before Callum Hudson-Odoi is clipped into space on the right.

He finds Morgan Gibbs-White, but the Forest stand-in captain fires straight at Bart Verbruggen.

Lovely football.

13:26, 25'

YELLOW CARD: Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest (Baleba)

I'm sorry Henry, but you may have jinxed Carlos Baleba.

The Brighton midfielder is having a stinker and has now been booked after already giving away a penalty.

The Seagulls fans are not happy, though, and begin chanting 'You don't know what you are doing' at the referee.

13:25, 24'

Nottingham Forest are causing Brighton so many problems.

They cause all sorts of confusion from a free-kick and James Ward-Prowse whips the ball in from deep when Brighton are seemingly not even ready.

The ball ends up at the feet of Callum Hudson-Odoi, but he can't keep his balance as he lets fly of a strike.

The Seagulls are all over the place at the back.

13:22, 21'

BIG MISS! Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest

How has Chris Wood missed that??

The goalscorer is through after being fed in by Callum Hudson-Odoi but somehow drags his effort wide from close range.

A player of his quality should bury that every day of the week with no exceptions, it's a really big miss.

He will be relieved to know that Hudon-Odoi was miles offside in the build-up, though. It would not have counted.

Still, a terrible miss.

13:17, 17'

OUCH! Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest

Oooft, that's a stinger...

Simon Adingra goes in high on the bag of Alex Moreno's leg and is lucky to get away without a booking.

The Brighton fans voice their anger, but if they see a replay of that I bet they would say 'fair play'.

13:16

The Nottingham Forest fans behind the far goal are now having a brilliant time of it.

All you can hear are chants from the travelling contingent, they could not have hoped for a better start.

13:14

'Clumsy from Baleba'

I was just about to tell you how impressed I have been by Carlos Baleba this season - and then he goes and gives away a penalty! Clumsy from the midfielder who found himself the wrong side of goal. Cool as you like from Chris Wood from the spot.

13:13, 13'

Goal:Brighton 0-1 Nottingham Forest (Wood pen 13')

Chris Wood makes no mistake from the spot.

The striker buries the ball low into the bottom left-hand corner, ✅ ✅ ✅ All-in-one web analytics ✅ ✅ ✅ sending Bart Verbruggen the wrong way.

Even if the Dutchman had dived to his right, he would have had no chance due to the power of the strike.

A perfect start for Forest.

13:11, 12'

PENALTY TO NOTTINGHAM FOREST!

Carlos Baleba, that is so clumsy...

After his goal last week, Callum Hudson-Odoi wins a penalty for Nottingham Forest after being bundled over by Baleba.

It may be seen as soft, but Hudon-Odoi is smart and gets the wrong side of the midfielder in the box.

Always going to be a spot kick, a silly challenge.

13:10, 10'

CHANCE! Brighton 0-0 Nottingham Forest

The first real chance of the game falls to Brighton and Simon Adingra.

Georginio Rutter slides in a reverse pass for Adingra to run onto and he does so.

But after racing onto the ball he drags his shot wide from a narrow angle.

The best move of the match.

13:08, 8'

Brighton 0-0 Nottingham Forest

Lewis Dunk has just bellowed in anger after overhitting a pass.

He tries to find Kaoru Mitoma on the left but floats the ball out of play.

If he had got it right, Brighton could have been cooking.

13:07

'Hudson-Odoi looking sharp'

Hudson-Odoi looking very sharp when Forest are able to turn the ball over. Their first thought is to spread it wide to the winger who scored the winner against Liverpool last weekend. Estupinan, making his first start under Fabian Hurzeler, is set for a busy afternoon.

13:05, 5'

I think I was a little too harsh on the atmosphere at the start of the match.

Or maybe the fans are reading this blog and decided to prove me wrong. I highly doubt that, though...

Other than that early corner, the home fans have not had too much to shout about. It's not been the greatest of starts to a football match.

13:02, 1'

That will do the trick, Brighton.

The home fans do raise their noise levels as Pervis Estupinan wins a corner inside the first 60 seconds.

However, the resulting set-piece is poor and cleared comfortably.

13:00, 1'

KICK-OFF: Brighton 0-0 Nottingham Forest

The atmosphere is not exactly bouncing on the south coast...

It feels like a typical early Sunday match, fairly quiet. Maybe it's due to the rain that is coming down.

Or maybe a lot of the fans had a heavy Saturday night?

They do muster a little sing-song just before the whistle goes and then the visitors get the game underway.

An early goal would certainly get the noise levels up.

12:57

Predictions?

Right, the teams are nearly out at the Amex Stadium.

We are so close to kick-off that there is now motivational music being played over the speakers.

So, what do you guys think the score of this match will be?

My guess is 2-1 to Brighton, but to be frank, it's a really tough one to call.

12:51

'Gloomy afternoon'

It's a gloomy afternoon on the south coast as two of the Premier League four unbeaten sides face off at the Amex Stadium. Last Saturday Brighton managed to do everything but score against Ipswich while Forest claimed that historic victory at Anfield.

Interesting to see Nuno Espirito Santo make two changes to that side, bringing in Hudson-Odoi and Elanga from the off. They changed the game at Anfield, offering an attacking outlet which ultimately led to Hudson-Odoi netting the winner.

A slight tactical tweak for Brighton too as it looks like Jack Hinshelwood will move into midfield with Pervis Estupinan slotting in at left-back.

12:48

The unbeaten duo

Could we see an unbeaten record go today?

Both Brighton and Nottingham Forest are two of the four unbeaten sides left in the Premier League.

The other two are Arsenal and Manchester City who square off at the Etihad later today.

Sure all four won't keep their records. If they do, let's hope they are high-scoring draws.

The last two games I have covered have been stalemates, I don't want more of them.

12:45

No slip-ups wanted...

The weather is rather gloomy today, isn't it?

We have been treated to glorious weather across the last week, but last night saw the rain lash down in the south of England.

It means the pitch could be rather zippy and slippy today, so both teams will need to be on alert.

Noone likes to slip-up...

12:39

Hurzeler: 'Pedro was close'

Fabian Hurzeler, Brighton boss, speaking to Sky Sports:

It was very close. Of course, João [Pedro] always wants to play. In the end, it's our responsibility to take care of the player, to protect him.

He will be a very important player for us in the season, he wants to play for Brazil internationally, so we have to take care of him and that's why he will start from the bench.

12:33

The Brian Clough derby

It has now been 20 years since the great Brian Clough passed away.

Known for his 18 years at Nottingham Forest, Clough guided the East Midlands side to back-to-back European Cup triumphs.

However, not many people know that he also spent one year on the south coast as Brighton boss in the 1973-74 campaign.

Today he will be remembered by both sets of fans, I'm sure.

12:27

More heroics from CHO?

Not many players can say they scored the winner at Anfield for the away side, can they?

Well, Callum Hudson-Odoi can...

The Nottingham Forest came off the bench to stun Liverpool last week with a superb strike in front of the away support.

It proved to be the winner in what was one of the most memorable days in his career.

Today he has been given the nod by Nuno Espirito Santo to show what he is about from minute one.

Can he produce some more magic?

12:22

Dunk closing in on 250 PL appearances

When doesn't Lewis Dunk start for Brighton?

Ever since he arrived in the Premier League with the Seagulls in 2017, the centre-back has barely missed a minute.

By being picked today he will now make his 246th Premier League start. Not bad, eh?

Only James Tarkowski has made more in the competition since Dunk made his debut seven years ago.

Mr. Reliable.

12:16

Nottingham Forest Team News - Hudson-Odoi STARTS

Nuno Espirito Santo also makes two changes.

Last week's hero Callum Hudson-Odoi comes into the side while Anthony Elanga joins him on the other wing.

I mean, if they didn't start after their substitute performances at Anfield last week, I would have been surprised.

12:16

Brighton Team News - Adingra IN

So, here is the rest of the Brighton team news.

Fabian Hurzeler has made two changes from the team that played out a stalemate with Ipswich last weekend.

Simon Adingra comes into the frontline while Pervis Estupinan also makes the starting 11.

Meanwhile, Yankuba Minteh drops to the bench.

12:14

Pedro returns...

Look who is at the Amex...

Brighton's go-to forward has been missing through injury the past two matches, but we can confirm that he does return to the Seagulls' squad today.

he won't be in from the very start, but if needed I'm sure Fabian Hurzeler won't hesitate to bring him off the bench.

We will bring you the rest of the team news shortly.

12:10

Battle in Brighton

Have we all recovered from last night?

It's bee over 12 hours but I am still in shock about Daniel Dubois' knockout victory over Anthony Joshua at Wembley last night.

But now it's time to get my footballing head on as Brighton host Nottingham Forest in the first of our Sunday matches.

While it may not be boxing, it doesn't mean we won't see one hell of a scrap at the Amex this evening.

Both teams are unbeaten, both have their tails up, and both will believe they can win this match.

It's a recipe for a cracker, isn't it?

Anyway, let's get this show on the road.